aardvarc image A.A.R.D.V.A.R.C.
An Abuse, Rape, and Domestic Violence Aid and Resource Collection
Custom Search

Abuse in Relationships Sexual Victimization Stalking Statistics Victim Assistance Bookstore

Recognizing Abuse
Reactions to Abuse
Aspects of Abuse
Info & Resources

DELAWARE: Domestic Violence Resources


If you have a current Protection From Abuse Order (PFA) from a court against your abuser, or if your abuser has been convicted of a felony or domestic violence misdemeanor, then Federal law states that it is illegal for your abuser to buy or have a gun in their possession.

You MUST ASK THE JUDGE to specifically write in your order that the abuser cannot buy or have a gun while the order is in effect and to require that your abuser to give any guns to the police, or require the police to go to the abuser's house and get them. The guns then go to either the county sheriff or court clerk of stolen property. The district attorney in the county where the gun(s) was taken away can then file to have them destroyed.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the domestic violence agency in your area immediately.

Delaware Unemployment Insurance Law Protects Victims of Domestic Violence.

Delaware Law Title 19, Chapter 33, Sub. 3314: includes leaving employment to protect yourself or family from domestic violence among good cause. Leaving work must result from: (i) reasonable fear of future domestic violence at or en route to or from work; or (ii) the need to relocate to another geographic area in order to avoid future domestic violence; or (iii) any other circumstance in which domestic violence causes you to reasonably believe that leaving work is necessary for your future safety. You'll need to provide documentation of domestic violence, such as a police or court record, or statement from a shelter worker, attorney, member of the clergy or medical or other professional from whom you sought assistance in addressing domestic violence and its effects. For more info contact the Division of Unemployment Insurance

Delaware Victim Advocates & Support Contacts
STATEWIDE Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
Domestic Violence Victim Advocates (for military, ex-military families)

GeorgetownFamily Court
La Esperanza

MilfordFamilies in Transition
People's Place

New Castle CountyCrisis Hotline302-762-6111

Kent & Sussex CountyCrisis Hotline302-422-8058

Northern Kent CountyCrisis Hotline302-678-3886

WilmingtonProject for Domestic Violence Reform
Christiana Care Health
Volunteer Legal Services
YWCA of New Castle County

Latino PopulationCrisis Hotline302-745-9674
Home--- About--- Support Us--- Poetry--- Legal & Copyright--- Contact

Last Updated: March 3, 2011