aardvarc image A.A.R.D.V.A.R.C.
An Abuse, Rape, and Domestic Violence Aid and Resource Collection
Custom Search

Abuse in Relationships Sexual Victimization Stalking Statistics Victim Assistance Bookstore

Recognizing Abuse
Reactions to Abuse
Aspects of Abuse
Info & Resources

KANSAS: Domestic Violence Resources


If you have a current Protection From Abuse Order (PFA) from a court against your abuser, or if your abuser has been convicted of a felony or domestic violence misdemeanor, then Federal law states that it is illegal for your abuser to buy or have a gun in their possession.

You MUST ASK THE JUDGE to specifically write in your order that the abuser cannot buy or have a gun while the order is in effect and to require that your abuser to give any guns to the police, or require the police to go to the abuser's house and get them. The guns then go to either the county sheriff or court clerk of stolen property. The district attorney in the county where the gun(s) was taken away can then file to have them destroyed.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the domestic violence agency in your area immediately.

Kansas Unemployment Law Protects Victims of Domestic Violence

Under Chapter 44, Article 7, Kansas statutes provide that victims of domestic violence may collect full benefits if their voluntary leaving was due to domestic violence, reasonable fear of domestic violence, or the need to address the physical, psychological or legal impacts of domestic violence, including the need to receive services or shelter. A restraining order or court action, a police report, medical documentation, or statement from a victim advocate, healthcare worker or other recognized service provider is required. For more information, contact the Kansas Dept. of Labor.

Kansas Domestic Violence Advocates & Support Contacts
STATEWIDE Kansas Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence
Allen CountyHope Unlimited (Iola)620-365-7566
Atchison CountyDoVES800-367-7075
Barton CountyFamily Crisis Center (Great Bend)620-792-1885
Brown County DoVES (Hiawatha)
STOP Violence (Reserve)
Butler CountyFamily Life Center800-870-6967
Cowley CountySafe Homes620-221-4357
Crawford CountyCrisis Resource Center (Pittsburg)800-794-9148
Douglas CountyWomen's Transitional Services (Lawrence)800-770-3030
Ellis CountyNW Family Shelter (Hays)800-794-4624
Finney CountyFamily Crisis Services (Garden City)620-275-5911
Ford CountyCrisis Center (Dodge City)620-225-6510
Franklin CountyWomen's Transitional Services (Ottawa)800-770-3030
Geary CountyThe Crisis Center (Junction City)800-727-2785
Grant CountyDoVES620-356-2608
Harvey CountyDV Task Force800-487-0510
Jackson County Friends of Yates Center (Kansas City)
Family Violence Prevention (Mayetta)
Johnson CountySafe Home (Overland Park)888-432-4300
Lyon CountySOS (emporia)800-825-1295
Leavenworth County Alliance Against Family Violence
McPherson CountyDV Violence Center800-701-3630
Miami CountySafe Home888-432-4300
Montgomery CountyCrisis Resource Center (Coffeyville)800-794-9148
Reno CountyDV Violence Center (Hutchinson)800-701-3630
Riley CountyThe Crisis Center (Manahttan)800-727-2785
Saline CountyDV Assn of Cent. KS (Salina)800-874-1499
Seward CountyDV Services (Liberal)620-624-8818
Shawnee CountyBattered Women's Task Force (Topeka)888-822-2983
Sherman CountyNW Family Shelter (Goodland)800-794-4624
Sedgwick County Harbor House
Step Stone
YWCA Women's Crisis Center
Kansas Victim Assistance Resources

Home--- About--- Support Us--- Poetry--- Legal & Copyright--- Contact

Last Updated: March 3, 2011