aardvarc image A.A.R.D.V.A.R.C.
An Abuse, Rape, and Domestic Violence Aid and Resource Collection
Custom Search

Abuse in Relationships Sexual Victimization Stalking Statistics Victim Assistance Bookstore

Recognizing Abuse
Reactions to Abuse
Aspects of Abuse
Info & Resources

Public Record Resources

Brochure: Violence Against
Women & Families in
Indian Country from the
Oklahoma Bar Association

OK Women's Law:
Resources for Women

Angry Men and the Women Who Love them

Angry Men and the
Women Who Love Them

Oklahoma Domestic Violence Resources


If you have a current Protection From Abuse Order (PFA) from a court against your abuser, or if your abuser has been convicted of a felony or domestic violence misdemeanor, then Federal law states that it is illegal for your abuser to buy or have a gun in their possession.

You MUST ASK THE JUDGE to specifically write in your order that the abuser cannot buy or have a gun while the order is in effect and to require that your abuser to give any guns to the police, or require the police to go to the abuser's house and get them. The guns then go to either the county sheriff or court clerk of stolen property. The district attorney in the county where the gun(s) was taken away can then file to have them destroyed.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the domestic violence agency in your area immediately.

Oklahoma Domestic Violence Advocates & Support Contacts
STATEWIDE Oklahoma Statewide Safeline
Oklahoma Coaltion On Domestic Violence
Spirits of Hope (Native American)
Child Abuse reoprting
Child Support Enforcement
Crime Victim Compensation

Adair County Help In Crisis (Stilwell) 918-696-6865

Atoka County Crisis Control Center 580-364-0411

Beckham County Action Associates (Elk City) 580-243-5913

Blaine County YWCA Option House (Watonga) 580-623-7557

Bryan County Crisis Control Center (Durant) 580-924-3030

Canadian County Family Resource Center (El Reno) 405-262-4449

Carter County Family Shelter (Ardmore) 580-226-3750

Cherokee County Help in Crisis (Tahlequah) 800-300-5321

Choctaw County Family Violence Intervention (Hugo) 580-326-8323

Cleveland County Women's Resource Center (Norman) 405-701-5540

Comanche County New Directions (Lawton) 580-357-2500

Craig County Community Crisis Center (Vinita) 918-256-1945

Creek County Family Resource Center (Sapulpa)
DV Intervention Services (Sapulpa)

Custer County Action Associates (Clinton) 580-323-0838

Delaware County Community Crisis Center (Grove)
Community Crisis Center (Jay)

Garfield County YWCA Option House (Enid) 800-966-7644

Garvin County Family Crisis Center (Pauls Valley) 405-238-6511

Grady County Women's Resource Center (Chickasha)

Haskell County KiBois Women's Shelter (Stigler) 877-810-5637

Hughes County Family Resource Center 405-379-5959
Jackson County ACMI House (Altus) 800-466-3805

Johnson County Family Support Services (Madill) 580-387-9900

Kaw Nation Domestic Violence Program 580-763-5902

Kay County Domestic Violence Program (Ponca City) 580-762-2873

Le Flore County Women's Crisis Services (Poteau) 800-230-9799

Marshall County Family Support Services (Madill) 580-387-9900

Mayes County Community Services Center (Pryor)
Community Crisis Center (Grove)

McCurtain County Family Violence (Broken Bow)
SOS For Families (Idabel)

Muskogee County Women in Safe Home 918-682-7878

Nowata County Family Crisis Center 918-273-7438

Okfuskee County Family Resource Center (Okemah) 918-623-2780

Oklahoma County District Attorney Victim Services
YWCA Crisis Service DV Hotline

Okmulgee County Family Resource Center 918-756-2545

Osage County Family Resource Center (Skiatook) 918-396-4108

Ottawa County Community Crisis Center (Miami) 800-400-0883

Payne County Domestic Violence Services (Stillwater) 800-215-3020

Pittsburg County C.A.R.E. Center (McAlester) 918-423-0032

Pontotoc County Chickasaw Nation Family Advocacy
Family Crisis Center (Ada)
Office of Violence Prevention

Pottawatomie County Project Safe (Shawnee) 800-821-9953

Pushmataha County Family Violence Services (Antlers) 580-298-5575

Roger Mills County Action Associates (Cheyenne) 580-497-3397

Rogers County Community Services (Claremore) 918-341-9400

Seminole County Family Resource Center (Seminole) 405-382-5979

Sequoyah County Help In Crisis (Sallisaw) 918-775-3300

Stephens County Women's Haven (Duncan) 877-970-4357

Texas County Domestic Crisis Services (Guymon) 580-338-2780

Tulsa County District Attorney Victim Advocate
DV Intervention Services (Broken Arrow)
DV Intervention Services (Tulsa)

Wagoner County Help in Crisis (Wagoner) 918-485-6500

Washington County Family Crisis Center (Bartlesville) 800-814-1188

Woods County NW Domestic Crisis Services (Alva) 580-327-6648

Woodward County NW Domestic Crisis Service (Woodward) 888-256-1215

Home--- About--- Support Us--- Poetry--- Legal & Copyright--- Contact

Last Updated: March 3, 2011